WR Day Three: In Which We Turn To Liquid

if it has to be a to-do list, it may as well look nice.

It's been a bit of a day around here.

It's been hot today.  Well, hot for the northwest.  Most of my friends were all shut your face miss eighty degrees I'm busy melting over here and keeping my children from bursting into spontaneous flames.

If you're new here, you may not know this, but I can't do heat of any kind.  I had pretty serious heat stroke when I was a kid (four hours on a Girl Scout bus in midwest heat will do that to a body), and since then, my body doesn't really regulate temperature as well as it should.  You just kind of learn to live with it.

But yeah.  I'm a bit of a wimp.  It's partially why I moved to a temperate rain forest, yo.

ANYWAY.

When I start sweating, my creativity makes for the nearest ice floe, which is miles and miles away from here.  I stare at things and wish I had energy for anything other than producing all this sweat, knowing good and well it's going to be a much longer day than I wanted.  (I go kind of nocturnal in the summer.)


So when things started to cool down, I got busy.

I dug up my to-do list after biking for five miles-ish to get the blood flowing from my sweat glands to my brain.  I stopped at a new-to-me convenience store (a bright pink one, for serious), and broke out of routine a little.  (Tiny rebellions are the best.)  

And I wrote.

And wrote.

And wrote.

I don't have a word count yet, because I'm nowhere near done for the night.

My two biggest projects have had significant additions, though, and things are flowing fairly well.  I'm aiming for at least another six thousand words for the day.  I'm pretty sure I'll hit it.

I learned something kind of valuable today, too.

Obstacles are everywhere.  Sometimes, even the heat index throws them at you.

You can either accept that those are obstacles and play a whole lot of Candy Crush and call it a zero-progress day, or you can accept that they exist and do the thing anyway.

The choice is yours.*


*I may have also played a whole lot of Candy Crush.  I admit nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment