a year in stitches

Because clearly, I need another project....




There's this project group on Facebook that's following along with a blogger who's done a year's worth of stitching every day.  For some reason, even with all the other stuff I'm trying to shoehorn into my schedule, it called to me.

But because I'm kind of a realistic rebel, I thought I'd do things a little differently.  Instead of making it a rigid stitch things every day, I've got 52 randomly-sized squares/rectangles that I'm numbering, one for each week of the year.  On them, I'm making a circle, and applique-ing and stitching something kind of relevant to that week.  Kind of like a thread-drawing in a visual diary, but on fabric.

That way, when I'm done, I can kind of arrange them how I want them and make some kind of thing out of them.  Probably a quilt or bind them into a fabric book or something.  I don't really know.  It's kind of just a Me Project at the moment, more about the joy of doing a thing rather than the joy of finishing a thing.

(Also, I know me, and I'll miss weeks.  Or abandon it for something shiny.  I'm like a magpie over here unless something really speaks to me.)

Here's the first one.  I thought I'd just illustrate my focus word of the year for 2018.  Seemed fitting to start things off. :)


(also, my pencils arrive today.  They're out for delivery, according to the USPS.  I'm trying not to say that too loudly to avoid jinxing it, but.....PENCILS.  Finally, the obsession can be sated a little...for now.)


No comments:

Post a Comment